Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Web Reporting Server

I am trying to install Web Reporting Server but when the installation is creating the web add in IIS it is coming up with an error about long file names.

Do I need to change a setting somewhere or change the name to something specific? 

I think if I change the file name the files don't copy across properly and I think this might be the problem I'm facing when I do the full install and the reports dont work properly, it's not loading any images or styles.

Screenshot - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/webreport.jpg

Bronze Contributor

Re: Web Reporting Server

I just got exactly the same error.   Any solutions on this?

Trying to install Saleslogix 7.5.4 Web Reporting on a Windows 2003 32-bit server.   The other web components installed without error, but not tested yet.

Thanks

Robert

Gold Super Contributor

Sounds like you may be using the version of Crystal that was delivered w/the OOTB software.

The latest Crystal (for web report server, etc), is only available via a special download.  I suggest you contact your BP to download a copy of it and get it to you.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

That doesn't seem to be the problem.

I HAD installed the older version of Crystal (I assumed it wouldn't be a problem on Win2003).  But I uninstalled it and installed the updated version I got from Sage.  The Crystal SP4 installation, followed by the SP5 patch that was included.  I'm still getting the same error.

Employee

This was reported and fixed in 8.0: 1-81205 - When Installing SLX Web Reporting as a stand alone component there is an error during installation "The destination does not support long file names, please enter a file name for this file.

If you have an existing slxwebrpt web site, please try the steps outlined in the attached document before running the upgrade. You can also get around this error by skipping to create the web site during installation.

Thanks

Mike

Bronze Contributor

I managed to come right by doing the installation, letting it create the website, ignoring the error, and then manually copying files around and fixing the portal links, so I got it working.

However I would like to mention that I tried skipping creating the website - and instead of skipping the step entirely it corrupted the portal for the webclient (I needed to run both off the same server).