05-13-2010 08:48 AM - edited 05-13-2010 09:01 AM
05-13-2010 11:56 AM
Seems like there was something wrong with the USER Entity. When I opened it and went to the SDATA tab, I got some bizzaro error. I also noticed that the Plural Display Name field on the USER Entity was blank. I filled in "Users". I also noticed that the Track History To: field was blank. I selected "None" from the dropdown. After that, when I went back to the SDATA tab, I didn't get the bizzaro error. I immediately tried to create the relationship again, and it worked. So seems like something was wrong with the the USER Entity.
Earlier, I had tried to make some other changes (full rebuild, clean project recycle bin, etc). None of those seemed to immediately fix the error. But maybe, between those changes and the ones I just made to the USER Entity in combination fixed it. Can't be sure.
07-07-2010 03:17 PM
Steve - big thanks for posting this
I ran into a similar problem recently and almost resorted to creating the relationship XML file manually... with lots of confusing GUIDs to generate, etc.
In my case - the Display name property for User was blank, and the Track History to was blank as well. I populated them both appropriately and then (without doing any build steps) immediately created my relationship and it worked (yes!).