Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Using the at symbol "@" and period in web user names

Hello,

Is there a simple way of using the at symbol "@" and periods in a web portal user name?  We're wanting to use email addresses for web user names.  I'm considering writing a layer on top of SLX, or querying the database directly, but thought I'd ask first if there is already some way to do this.

Thanks,

-Evan

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Using the at symbol "@" and period in web user names

I haven't ever logged into a Windows machine with an email address either.....and most of my SLX user's log in through window's authentication......

RJ Samp
Highlighted

The users of the website are not our corporate employees, they are external users. So forcing them to remember a user name for our website is less than ideal, whereas email addresses are an easy to remember standard for user names on third party websites.

I'm guessing by your response that you are not aware of a simple way of doing this. Thanks for the response anyway, I do appreciate it.

-Evan
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

My apologies for being obtuse, correct I am not aware of a workaround for SLX User Names being email addresses......

And of course.....which email address do you want your user's to use.....and are they still using that email address? We've all dealt with the logins using email addresses that are no longer valid....

RJ Samp
Highlighted

We are planning on writing an asp.net based login control that does an sData lookup of the contact with the user specified email address then uses the SLX APIs to validate the user specified password.

Our staff will be setting up the SLX accounts and contacts so if we have multiple contacts with the same email address we will fix that internally.

The user's email address will be updated in the SLX contact if the user should happen to change their email address.

-Evan
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

If you are talking about the "Customer Portal".. been there done that.... over a year and a half ago ;-)

Glad to share it for a small fee.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html