Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to compile T4 template after upgrading to SLX 7.5.4

Any Ideas??

Here is the Exception Message I receive
===================================
Unable to compile T4 template (Sage.Platform)
------------------------------Program Location:
   at Sage.Platform.TemplateSupport.T4.T4TemplateEngine.ExtendedTemplateGenerator.ApplyTemplateWithContext(IDictionary ctx)   at Sage.Platform.TemplateSupport.T4.T4TemplateEngine.ExtendedTemplateGenerator.ApplyTemplateWithContext(TextWriter output, IDictionary ctx)   at Sage.Platform.TemplateSupport.T4.T4TemplateEngine.ExtendedTemplateGenerator.Sage.Platform.TemplateSupport.ITemplate.ApplyTemplate(TextWriter output, IDictionary context)   at Sage.Platform.Orm.CodeGen.BaseTemplateGenerator.Generate(OrmEntity entity, TextWriter writer)   at Sage.Platform.Orm.CodeGen.SDataEntityDeploymentPackage.GenerateInternal(OperationStatus op, BuildType buildType)   at Sage.Platform.Extensibility.DeploymentPackageBase.Generate(OperationStatus op, BuildType buildType)   at Sage.Platform.Extensibility.Services.RegisteredPlatform.Generate(IProject project, OperationStatus op, BuildType buildType)   at Sage.Platform.AdminModule.AdminModuleInit.Deploy(RegisteredPlatform platform, OperationStatus op, BuildType buildType)   at Sage.Platform.AdminModule.AdminModuleInit.BuildWebObjectsImpl(OperationStatus op)   at Sage.Platform.AdminModule.AdminModuleInit.DoBuildWebObjects(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)   at System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Here are the Relevent parts of the Build Output

INFO  - Build starting...INFO  - Running deployment for Common platform....Entity Interfaces generating correctly...INFO  - Done building project "Sage.Entity.Interfaces.csproj".INFO  - Build succeeded.INFO  - Deploying file \deployment\common\bin\Sage.Entity.Interfaces.dll to CommonINFO  - Deploying file \deployment\common\bin\Sage.Entity.Interfaces.xml to CommonINFO  - Build started.INFO  - Project "Sage.Form.Interfaces.csproj" (default targets):...INFO  - Done building project "Sage.Form.Interfaces.csproj".INFO  - Build succeeded.INFO  - Deploying file \deployment\common\bin\Sage.Form.Interfaces.dll to CommonINFO  - Running deployment for Web platform.INFO  - Generating SData Feed Entity for ActivityERROR - [Build Path]\templates\Default-SData-SalesLogix.tt(20,66) : error CS1061: 'Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmEntity' does not contain a definition for 'PluralName' and no extension method 'PluralName' accepting a first argument of type 'Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmEntity' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)ERROR - [Build Path]\templates\Default-SData-SalesLogix.tt(628,105) : error CS1061: 'Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmEntity' does not contain a definition for 'PluralName' and no extension method 'PluralName' accepting a first argument of type 'Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmEntity' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)ERROR - [Build Path]\templates\Default-SData-SalesLogix.tt(711,15) : error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'Sage.Platform.Orm.CodeGen.SDataEntityCodeGenerator.GetPropertySMEMetadataAttribute(Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmEntityProperty)' has some invalid argumentsERROR - [Build Path]\templates\Default-SData-SalesLogix.tt(711,57) : error CS1503: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmEntity' to 'Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmEntityProperty'ERROR - [Build Path]\templates\Default-SData-SalesLogix.tt(720,15) : error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for 'Sage.Platform.Orm.CodeGen.SDataEntityCodeGenerator.GetPropertySMEMetadataAttribute(Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmEntityProperty)' has some invalid argumentsERROR - [Build Path]\templates\Default-SData-SalesLogix.tt(720,57) : error CS1503: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmEntity' to 'Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.OrmEntityProperty'

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to compile T4 template after upgrading to SLX 7.5.4

More info.

I have tried closing and restartring AppAtchitect this has no effect.

-Terry

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Yet More info.

It must have something to do with merged customized entities.  The default 754 Project build correctly without error.

Terry

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Evidently something was terribly wrong in my merged files.  I manually merged my customizations and now I can build.

I still need to figure it out though.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Close Application Architect and delete the build folder from your system.

Then re-open Application Architect and try again, normally this helps.

Alexander

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Thanks,

I tried that several times to no avail.

I must have messed up on merging the customizations. The post merge entities were not correctly formatted causing the T4 templating engine to fail.

Fortunately my customizations are all pretty straight forward and since I did all of them I know wexactly what needed to be done manually.

Terry

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Check that your releationship are correct.

Hope this helps

Chris

Cheers
Chris Grant
Plus Consulting
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I just experienced this same issue when I tried to upgrade the VFS from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4

I created a new LFS project workspace and restored my project backup into that and that fixed it.

Mike Fortier

BrainSell Technologies