Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

Timezone Event Log error

One of my clients is frequently seeing the error below in their Application Event Log. Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause?

(SLX 7.5.2 Web / SQL Server 2008 / Windows Server 2008)

ERROR ASP.masters_login_master - TimeZone: Unable to get timezone from client, using server timezone.
Employee

Re: Timezone Event Log error

[ Edited ]

What browser/OS is the client using?

Most likely the logged error means that the tz_info hidden input field was not created in the call to GetTimeZoneInfo() in timezone.js. I'd check if the client is seeing any JavaScript errors on that status bar. It's also possible that the DOM is not ready when $(document).ready(function()) is called; if this is the case you can try editing timezone.js as follows:

-- SalesLogix 7.5.2 --

[Replace]

YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load", GetTimeZoneInfo);

[With]

function InitGetTimeZoneInfo() {
    window.setTimeout("GetTimeZoneInfo();", 500);
}

YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load", InitGetTimeZoneInfo);

Note: You can also remove everything below the existing YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load", InitGetTimeZoneInfo) call.

-- SalesLogix 7.5.3 --

[Replace]

$(document).ready(function() {
    GetTimeZoneInfo();
});

[With]

function InitGetTimeZoneInfo() {
    window.setTimeout("GetTimeZoneInfo();", 500);
}

$(document).ready(function() {
    InitGetTimeZoneInfo();
});

This will wait half a second after the page loads before attempting to modify the DOM.

Thanks

Mike

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Timezone Event Log error

What is the fix for this for v8?  The browser console is showing: ReferenceError: require is not defined for timezone.js.