Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor

Strange ProcessHost behavior (7.5.2).

I've been working through implementing Process Orchestration and encountered some very strange behavior.

Imagine a workflow project called MyNewWorkflow (which builds to MyNewWorkflow.dll). In it is a single sequential entity workflow called SampleWorkflow.

ProcessLib.xml will contain a single line that reads:

assembly name="MyNewWorkflow"

And ProcessStart.xml will contain this line:

runProcess name="SampleWorkflow"

I then restart IIS using IISRESET. And here is where the strange behavior starts.

When I check log4net's log, and the Event Viewer, the stop event for Sage Workflow Persistence Service is recorded:

2011-03-01 13:37:26,904 [1   ] INFO  Sage.Platform.Process.SagePersistenceService - Stopping Sage Workflow Persistence Service

But it does not restart. Nothing in the logs about specific reasons why, it just doesn't.

At first I didn't notice that the service didn't restart. I went back to RegisteredProcesses and checked the ATOM feed and I got the following error:

error ApplicationDiagnosis Exception caught during the processing of a message Verb: GET Uri: http://myserver:4547/ProcessHost/ProcessManager/crm/-/RegisteredProcesses Original Message: query did not return a unique result: 2 Stack Trace: at NHibernate.Impl.AbstractQueryImpl.UniqueElement(IList list) at NHibernate.Impl.AbstractQueryImpl.UniqueResult[T]() at Sage.Platform.Process.ProcessInfo.GetProcessTypeInformation() at Sage.Platform.Process.ProcessInfo.ValidateOrCreateProcessTypeInformation() at Sage.Platform.Process.ProcessEnumeratorService.GetProcesses() at Sage.Platform.Process.ProcessEnumeratorService.<System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Sage.Platform.Process.ProcessInfo>.GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext() at Sage.Platform.Process.WorkflowProcessManagerService.Sage.Platform.Process.Interfaces.IProcessManagerService.GetRegisteredProcesses() at Sage.Platform.Process.Feeds.RegisteredProcessesRequests.GetRegisteredProcesses(IRequest message) at Invokee503bce8915645dca9a9591c7af9ab67.Invoke(Object , IRequest ) at Sage.Integration.Messaging.RequestTargetRegistration.RequestTargetInvoker.Invoke(IRequest request) at Sage.Integration.Messaging.Request.Process(RequestTargetInvoker invoker) at Sage.Integration.Messaging.MessagingService.Process(IRequest request)

And this IS logged in the Event Viewer.

In order for me to get past this, I have to rename my SampleWorkflow class (to SampleWorkflow2), recompile my workflow project, and change the related XML settings. Then it works just fine.

Now, I know from the training videos that you cannot have an identical workflow class name even between totally different namespaces. But shouldn't there be a recognition that this is the same namespace as it was before?