Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Smartpart Development in Visual Studio

[ Edited ]

Here is the configuration:

SalesLogix v8.0, Visual Studio 2010 Pro

I have a question about developing and testing forms using Visual Studio.

When I open the SalesLogix website using Visual Studio, I am able to log into the web client. If I make changes to an existing smartpart, such as lead\leadqualification.ascx, save the changes, and debug, I do not see the changes in the web client. I have tried building the website, clearing the cache, using a different browser, I am still not able to view the changes to the existing smartpart in the web client.

For now, I am working in App Architect.

Thanks,

Tom Kaiser 

Nickel Contributor

Re: Smartpart Development in Visual Studio

To make changes and see them without moving them into the model and redeploying you need to disable the dynamic form customizations.

2 changes are needed to disable dynamic form customizations:

• Disable dynamic quick form editing. Edit the web.config file of the portal (Portal Manager > Sage SalesLogix > SupportFiles), comment the dynamic quick forms line, and redeploy. For example: 

<!-- WFG: dynamic quick forms enabled; switch following two lines to disable -->
    <globalization culture="auto" uiCulture="auto"/>
    <!--<globalization culture="auto" uiCulture="auto" resourceProviderFactoryType="Sage.Platform.QuickForms.WebFormGen.Web.UpdatableResXResourceProviderFactory, Sage.Platform.QuickForms.WebFormGen"/>-->

• Disable the virtual path provider for the portal so the dynamically regenerated forms will not be accessed by the portal. Edit the Global.cs file of the portal (Portal Manager > Sage SalesLogix > SupportFiles> App_Code), comment the EnableDynamicFormSupport line, and redeploy. For example:

//#define EnableDynamicFormSupport

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Smartpart Development in Visual Studio

Collin,

Thanks for this information. This solved the problem!

Tom