Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Setting Field Values At Run-Time

What is the best way to set the text property of a screen object at run-time?

Scenario:

SLX Web v7.5.2

Opportunity Detail Screen with:

Field A (Saleslogix Picklist control)

Field B (Saleslogix Date Time Picker control)

When a user changes the value in Field A, the value of Field B needs to be set to the current date.

I've tried various server-side methods (OnChange Action via Code Snippets).  I believe they run successfully, but the updated value in Field B never displays.  I've tried client-side via JS and haven't had much luck attaching JS to a Picklist web control.

Any help/code examples would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Setting Field Values At Run-Time

Mark,

Try changing the value of the Entity Property bound to the control instead of changing the value of the control directly.

If you're going to use a C# Code Snippet, you have to get the current entity.  Below is an example of getting an account entity (on an account form).

Sage.Entity.Interfaces.IAccount account = this.BindingSource.Current as Sage.Entity.Interfaces.IAccount;

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Thanks.  That technique is something I had originally tried; it worked halfway.  While that *does* reset the value correctly behind-the-scenes, there's no visible indication on the screen that the value has changed.  If I were to save/reload the detail screen via the Save button in the UI, the updated value would then display as expected.

Is there a way to trigger a screen refresh after modifying the myentity.ThePropertyGettingUpdated value on the entity?  I had tried getting the entity to rebind after updating the property (to show the updated value to the user) without success.

Thanks,

Mark

Highlighted
Employee

You shouldn't have to do anything to have the value refresh.

Can you post or email me your code snippet?