Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Select text in Tabs for labels and grids

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm using SLX 8.0 and 8.1 web and I noticed that it's not possible to select the text of labels and grids inside tabs.

Reproduction steps:

1. Login to the SlxClient (v8.0 or 8.1).
  2. Go to the Account page.
  3. Open the Addresses tab.
  4. Try to highlight the text of any column (e.g. Street Address) using the mouse.

This happens for label controls too.

Tested in IE 11 and Chrome 34.

How can I make the text of grids and labels contained in tabs selectable by the user?

Regards,

Marcos

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Select text in Tabs for labels and grids

The text select appears to be disabled in any tab control, not just grids. This is probably due to the drag & drop functionality of moving tabs to the center bar. If you really need to dig into the javascript that controls the tab control, that would be a good place to start.

Or, as a workaround, you can begin your text select above the tab control area and drag down into the tab control to highlight the text. You can then control the highlighting using the normal Windows shortcuts. Copy and paste into notepad and edit there.

Or, use developer tools in your favorite browser, or F12 in Internet Explorer.

I doubt the time it would take to make this work is worth the expense and frustration. Just my $0.02.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Select text in Tabs for labels and grids

Thanks Andy. I don't think the customer would like any of the workarounds, I'll investigate a bit more.