Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Saleslogix Web - Changing colour of fields

Hi

Would anyone know the way to change the background colour of a field?  I have tried using the Style Schema put this doesn't seem to change the field background.

I know in the LAN version you can change on the properties but this isn't the case in the Web version.

Thank you

Sarah

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Saleslogix Web - Changing colour of fields

Sarah:

You could do this either Server Side or Client side. Remeber that the Picklist is a Composite control. Since you want to change the Background of the TextBox within it, you look for that control and style it.

Here is some sample code I have used in the Past:

Server Side Code:

((TextBox)pklStatus.FindControl("Text")).BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Yellow;

Client Side Code (using jquery):

$('#<%= pklStatus.ClientID %>_Text').css({'background-color':'yellow'});

Raul A. Chavez
http://raul.chavez.com
http://www.crmbi.com
Employee

Sarah,

I am not sure if you are still looking for this information or not, but I decided to play with this and at first like you, it would not work.  So with a little help from a coworker I got it to work and it does work quite nicely.

There are only two places you will need to write code.  And in doing so may be reused for other controls.

In the quickform.css (make sure it's the one located within your project), create the style...

.yellowBackground

{

background-color:  #FFFF00 !Important;

}

--Note it was the !Important that is required to override the hierachy of existing styles for controls.  I found this out by using firebug.

Then in the StyleSchemeTypes.xml, which is located in C:\Users\All Users\Sage\Platform\Configuration\Global  (not the VFS which the AA help states.) add your style scheme.

<styleSchemeType>yellowBackground</styleSchemeType>

--Note this part is only required if you want it accessable as a dropdown from the Style Scheme property.  Otherwise you could just type in yellowBackground.  But also note that this is case sensitive so make sure it matches exactly as your style in the quickform.css.

Then the easy part is just to set your picklist to have yellowBackground as the Style Scheme.

I hope this helps.

Kelly

Copper Super Contributor

Thank you,  Kelly

That worked perfectly as well.

Sarah

Silver Contributor

Hi,

I have found the quickform.css file in my model under supportfiles\css

What I can not find is the styleschematypes.xml file.

In my global folder I have no file with that or a similar name.

I am using slx 7.5.4 and Windows 7.

Thanks for help!

Alexander

Employee

Alexander,

I would suggest doing a search on your local drive for the file.  This was using 7.5.4 on Server 2008 R2 which should be similar enough to the Win 7 file structure.  Let me know if you still can't find it.

Kelly

Silver Contributor

Hi Kelly,

I have not found the file on my hard drive.

I hope you can help me out here.

Thanks! Alexander

Employee

It is scheme not schema and it has been spotted at:

documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Configuration\Global\