Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Saleslogix Web - 7.5.4 - Query Builder - :now function not working against dates

In the LAN version under a opportunity grouping I have defined a condition so only records were the EstimatedCloseDate is less than :now is defined.

This works great, and all the correct records show.

Unfortunately this is not working on the web version, I get an error - the date entered is not a valid date. Year is not 2 or 4 digits.

I have ensured the use Value as a literal is selected - but the error still occurs.

Is there a way around this?

Thank you

Sarah Owen

Highlighted

Re: Saleslogix Web - 7.5.4 - Query Builder - :now function not working against dates

Did you ever get an answer on this?? I have a similar issue!
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Saleslogix Web - 7.5.4 - Query Builder - :now function not working against dates

You need to create the group using the web client. When adding the condition, first check 'use value as a literal' which will insert 18991230 into the value box and then replace it with :now.

Highlighted

Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately, for whatever reason, I'm not getting this to work. When I create the group, and add the condition "Estimated Close Date", checking the 'Use value as literal' does not insert 18991230. Instead, after clicking <OK> in the error message, the Calendar dialog is displayed.
Highlighted
Employee

If I understand this correctly, when selecting a data\time field in query builder (for web) and adding a literal value, click ok it prompts a message "The date entered is not a valid date. Year is not 2 or 4 digits"

If that is correct, 7.5.4 was coded with out the feature of using literals in date\time fields. This was added in our 8.0 web offering. There is a possibility you can get the same result by using a literal with the 'In' operator, but it will require a SQL statement returning ID's of whatever entity you are using.

Highlighted

Matthew....you understand correctly....thank you for your suggestion, we'll pursue the SQL option, as 8.0 is not an option.

Thanks, Skip