Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

SalesLogix Web 7.5.x and Oracle - Performance issues

Any other BPs out there run into performance issues with SalesLogix Web running on Oracle? I am running into a scenario where the web client is extremely slow against a fairly large database. Almost every request made ends up timing out. Most of the implementations I have worked on are SQL Server. I am familiar with all of the tuning options that can be done on the web server, even on the browser. I would think that the issue is the Database and how its configured/tuned.

Is there a "gotcha" or something specific that has to be done to the Oracle DB to make SalesLogix Web run optimal? Or is it a known and accepted fate, that SLX Web and Oracle will be slow. 

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: SalesLogix Web 7.5.x and Oracle - Performance issues

You need to take a similar approach:

Use SLXProfiler and trace your Queries. Find those that are taking a long time executing and try to tune them on the Oracle End.

The same way as with SQL, you will need to add/rebuild indexes to get an optimal performance.

If the Profiler shows that the problem is not on the DB end, then you need to look at your Web Servers and then look into your Network and Clients.

Raul A. Chavez
http://raul.chavez.com
http://www.crmbi.com
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

We have a customer with a saleslogix web based on oracle. about 500 users connected in the same time. more than 300.000 contacts, 500.000 opportunity, and so on.

We haven't performance issue but the customer has his own dba department...

With oracle you can monitor slowest queries...

We use also sometimes the materialized views to avoid performances issues.

So, it's possible to have a saleslogix web which works correctly and fastly.
Libert Damien
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

There are a lot of factors that can contribute to poor perfromance in Oracle.  The clients should have internal DBAs that can assist in tuning.  Sime things to look at at the DB level are:

• Size of the SGA
  • Location of files
  • Logging/rollback options
  • Allocated memory

Also, be sure to run the create oracle views script on the install media. 

Beyon that, it could be an indexing problem, or the DB needs to have statistics updated.  This is fairly common after an initial data load.

What version or Oracle are they running and on what platform?

Mike LaSpina
Professional Services Consultant

Sage
8800 N Gainey Center Dr Ste 200
Scottsdale AZ 85258
Tel: 480-383-5344
Cell: 480-321-6637
Fax: 480-556-4090
mike.laspina@sage.com

Your Business in Mind.