Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

SLX7.0 Web - #PL tag in document.write

Hi,

This is SLX Web customer portal Pre 7.2 (7.01 legacy web) .

Has anybody successfully used document.write('<#PL name=xxx list="abc def">'); javascript in any of the HTML file?

For some reason it always return an error of "Unterminated string constant". and the picklist will not show.

Howeve, if I use <td><#PL name=xxx list="abc def"></td> directly in the HTML it works fine.

Also, is it possible to use a variable in placed on the list name (i.e. list=' + varname + ') ? I am having a hard time also trying to use the varname for the list name.

What I am trying to do is for the picklist to use listA if condition1 is true and use listB if not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kayono

Copper Contributor

Re: SLX7.0 Web - #PL tag in document.write

Hi,

In legacy web, <# tags were serverside tags and are used when slxweb.dll is going to churn the web templates. They are supposed to generate specific HTML in that place. So 'document.write(<# PL' should generate html file with HTML something like document.write('<Select>...

So no wonder you must be getting an error.

I would suggest you see the account detail view template, where "subtype" values changes as soon as you change the "type".

hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Sandeep Gaykhe  

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep Gaykhe
Providian Global Solutions
Tuned Listener

Thanks for responding.

I am not trying to do a cascading picklist. What I am trying to do is to switch between the two picklists for the same field depending on the value of another field. For example if status is Active, the #PL should use the ActiveList and if status is InActive the #PL should use InactiveList for the list value. I thought I could use javascript document.write to generate the code but it doesn't work so far.

Here is the sample of the code that I have. mstatus is a global variable.

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
if (mstatus == "T") {
document.write('<td><#PL name=ctickcustom list="Active List" options=QR ></td>');
} else {
document.write('<td><#PL name=ctickcustom list="Inactive List" options=QR ></td>');
}
-->
</script>

Any suggestions on how this can be accomplish?

Copper Contributor

Hi Kayono,

Well the code you are trying is mixing clientside code into serverside code and then trying to run it at client side. "mstatus" variable is clientside declared variable hence I think you should look for some workaround. May be you can have two invisible picklist created in templates and then using their content for your use. I don't remeber what property you should mention in <#PL tag to make it invisible since I had done this almost 2 yrs back, but I think you should be able to find it in Legacy web developers reference guide.

Thanks

Sandeep

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep Gaykhe
Providian Global Solutions