Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

SLX web 7.5p1, Multi field search

In the Web Client, in the entity Group Quick Lookup View, we have a client who wants to pick "Account" from the list of available fields, type in a value, and click search. Howeever, our client wants this search to be executed on 3 fields (ie. ACCOUNT, AKA, and WEBADDRESS).

I dont see how we can customize the lookup View in 7.5.  In 7.2, this lookup view was a page whose actions, events and properties were customizable.

Is this possible in 7.5? Maybe through an entity interceptor?  If so , how?

Copper Contributor

Re: SLX web 7.5p1, Multi field search

You can use filters to do the same. Filters are available in 7.5 Sp1.
Thanks and Regards
Sandeep Gaykhe
Providian Global Solutions
Copper Super Contributor

Lookup filters wont help me here.

Here is what I am trying to do:

When a user attemps to search against the "Account" field, I want the system to search and match on the account field and 2 other fields. The user does not know anything about the other fields, the user just knows he chose the "account" to do a lookup.

i.e. searching for Account like 'Sage%',

I'd like the executed search to be Account like 'Sage%' or AKA like 'Sage%' or WebAddress Like 'Sage%'

Bronze Super Contributor

The lookup in 7.5 pretty much does what you are looking for (or I'm just missing the boat here). You can add as many fields as you like to the lookup. See the attached pic. I think this is what you want correct? If not tell me where I'm wrong so maybe I can be of more help. Hope this is what your looking for Smiley Happy

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks Gene. I see that you can add multiple fields and thats a nice feature.

However, that field list comes from the group layout. Our client doesnt always have all those fields they want to search for in the layout.

They also dont want to choose all 3 fields for this specific scenario. To our client, its not technically 3 fields, its just 1 field to them, however the data exists across 3 fields. (account, aka, and webaddress) So they want to just choose Account, and type in a value, and search. they want the search to be executed against 3 fields.

Any thoughts?

Bronze Super Contributor

Ok so let me make sure I'm with ya here. There are 3 fields.....

account

aka

webaddress

and the client would like 1 textbox to search in...

txtSearch

Let's say txtSearch.text = "Hello World"

now when you push the search button the expected result is to have SLX search for all accounts that have "Hello World" in either...

account

aka

webaddress

?

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold
Copper Super Contributor

Correct. My search text box though is the lookup view search dialog, and I only want to do this 3-field search, when a user chooses "Account" from the drop down.
Bronze Super Contributor

Ok then in that case I'm sorry but I don't have a snazzy answer for you Smiley Sad Was hoping I could help but that area of the product is going to do a 1 to 1 search meaning when you pick account you are going to search against account and if you want more fields then you have to add more fields to the look up. The only way around this would be moving this search out of the lookup and building it from scratch, let me explain....

-Put the txtAcctSearch and submit controls in a tasklet that sits in the right hand column with all the other tasklets.

-When user searches from here it will create a new group and show all the accounts that match the criteria that we mentioned in the upper threads of this conversation.

I'm not really in love with this idea and it seems like more trouble then just having them add the extra fields to the original lookup but it is an option. Sorry I have nothing better to offer here Smiley Sad

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold
Copper Contributor

I think with advanced speedsearch license you can do this. What you will have to do is create an index on account and put filters as per your requirement..

Otherwise Task pane option holds good for your scenario.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep Gaykhe
Providian Global Solutions