Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

SLX Web 7.5.4 Unable to Print Report

We just recently upgraded a client to SalesLogix 7.5.4.  Web Reporting is up and running reports just fine, but we are having an issue printing and exporting reports from the web client.  If we choose print after the report is run, the screen comes up to show the Page Range to print, we click on "OK" and nothing happens - no other screen pops up as it is supposed to.

I re-checked the Impelentation Guide, and I can't see where I missed anything.  I checked the Event Logs, and don't see anything there.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Melissa Saale

Employee

Re: SLX Web 7.5.4 Unable to Print Report

The following are some investigative steps to take:

1. Check the Application event log on the web server for any entries that may be associated with the client action.

2. Make sure a supported web client browser is being used.

3. Run Fiddler to capture the HTTP traffic that takes place while attempting to export/print and see if there are any errors.

Thanks

Mike

Highlighted
Employee

Re: SLX Web 7.5.4 Unable to Print Report

Also, keep in mind that when you print or export a report...Crystal has to generate the entire report first, and this can take a very long time if you are reporting against multiple records...especially if you have subreports. For example, if you try to create a detail report against all Accounts in the SalesLogix Evaluation database, it takes as much time as it takes for you to navigate from one record to the next in the UI. You can use the SalesLogix Profiler to see if the database is active while you're noticing that nothing "appears" to be happening; unfortunately, Crystal does not give any kind of feedback while exporting.

Thanks

Mike