Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor

SLX Web 7.5.1 - Snippet property in Lookup Control

Hi All,

I am doing web development in SLX Web 7.5.1. 

I created a lookup with several columns in it. I would like one of the columns to be a snippet property of the entity that I created through the App Architect.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks!

~ Henry

Re: SLX Web 7.5.1 - Snippet property in Lookup Control

Custom Properties can only be bound when using entity objects, and Lookups use an HQL mechanism.  Best practice would be to map you property to a Calculated Field.

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks. The native slx calculated field, is limited to simple math/string concatenation operations. This is why the custom snippet property is a great feature, but we are seeing that many of our clients would like to query and lookup such fields. Some clients event want it on Group Layouts and such. Although they use different querying methods, is there a plan in place to have everything query off the entity model? Or expose such entity custom property fields to other areas of the application?

Thanks!

~ Henry

It's definitely on the drawing board, can you give me a use case so we can continue to refine our story.

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

This is an old post, but having found it for the same reasons the original poster posted it, I'd like to share my use case.

A client needs the Account Manager to be limited to 2 specific user types, ideally I'd like to filter a User Lookup with the value of a snippet property which checks the user type against these two cases. Since there are no conditionals in the SLX calculated fields it looks like I am going to have to create a custom form for a simple filtering of a user lookup by the user type.

Employee

Perfect explanation, I second that!