Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor

SLX Web 7.5.1 - Error on Entity Creation

Hi,

I am working on a SQL server and DB with a  SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS collation

Trying to create a new entity from an existing table, I get the following error:

===================================

An application exception has occurred.

===================================

Could not use view or function 'sysdba.ORMCOLUMN' because of binding errors. : Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AI" in the equal to operation. (SalesLogix OLE DB Provider)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(OleDbHResult hr)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
   at NHibernate.AdoNet.AbstractBatcher.ExecuteReader(IDbCommand cmd)
   at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.GetResultSet(IDbCommand st, Boolean autoDiscoverTypes, Boolean callable, RowSelection selection, ISessionImplementor session)

at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.DoQuery(ISessionImplementor session, QueryParameters queryParameters, Boolean returnProxies)

at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.DoQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(ISessionImplementor session, QueryParameters queryParameters, Boolean returnProxies)

at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.DoList(ISessionImplementor session, QueryParameters queryParameters)

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: SLX Web 7.5.1 - Error on Entity Creation

Have you checked the collation of this table?

Is it the same as the rest of the DB?

Technically you can have different collations in one db.

So it might be possible that this table has a different collation.

Normally this happens, when you sync a table out to a remote (or a new field) and the remote sql express has a different standard collation than the host.

This is where I have seen this, and it results in errors in the LAN client (not used web remote).

Thanks! Alexander