Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor

SLX Web 7.5.1 - Code Snippet

Hi,

I'm creating an onPropertyChange event, in which I would like to save the value on a separate entity B when a value on entity A changes. The problem is, I write the following code:

invest.Fund = fund.Name;
                invest.Save();

And when I run it, it falls into an infinite loop. If I take the save out, it doesn't loop, but it doesn't save either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

~ Henry

Employee

Re: SLX Web 7.5.1 - Code Snippet

Is Invest a child of the fund Entity?

If yes, then configure the Relationship betwen fund and invest to use a Cascade option that includes "Save".

Once configured in this manner - when the fund.Save() occurs, an invest.Save() will automatically happen for any related Invest entities that have been added and/or updated.

Note that this would occur automatically and that you woudl need to *remove* your explicit invest.Save();

I am not certain what the technique is if you are trying to update an Entity that is not related to the current Entity. I had struggled with that myself not long ago but lucked out and decided that a Relationship was actually going to be OK to create in my specific case.

Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group