Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor

SLX Mobile v1.2 - Cannot edit/insert opportunities

I wanted to enter this as a ticket, but I cannot for the life of me get the new support portal to work. So here it is...

There is a problem with the build process in mobile v1.2. On the deployed mobile application, the edit Opportunity view doesn't work properly on edit or insert. Tested on the minified and debug files. However on the development site everything works fine. I investigated this for a little while last Friday but couldn't find the exact cause. No JavaScript errors were being thrown.

I tested this on a stock mobile 1.2 client. Can anybody confirm my results?

- Geek -
Gold Super Contributor

Re: SLX Mobile v1.2 - Cannot edit/insert opportunities

The Mobile Web App is all about SData... All the data comes from the SData portal.. not teh mobile portal. It only "delivers" the app itself.

Sounds like you have an SData portal problem.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Super Contributor

Except the dev site works perfectly fine. The only site that has the issue is the built site (both debug and minified files). This definitely isn't an SDATA issue.

RJ, did you test on your side? Did it work?
- Geek -
Gold Super Contributor

I've never had any issues w/insert opps on 1.2 on either the demo site we put up or our production system.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Tuned Listener

I have a similar issue at a Client Site with a "Out-of-the-box (OOTB)" Mobile 1.2

When we click the + to add an opportunity, we get the message "Loading" and never see the form (even after waiting more than 10 minutes) (Tested on 2 computers and 1 playbook).

I rebuilt and re-deployed the SLXMOBILE portal, rebooted the server, creared the cache of the browser and still got the same issue with getting the "Loading...." message without seeing the form.

The strangest thing is, If I click to see a 3 or 4 existing opportunities, I eventually get to be abble to create a new opportunity.

Then, I went on a different computer, and still got stuck on the "Loading...." message.

Opened 3 or 4 existing opportunities, and again, I was able to create opportunities on the second computer....

Has anyone seen that king of behaviour ?

We have no problem creating accounts, contacts, activities and tickets. Only problems creating opportunities !!!

Claude.

Bronze Contributor

To give some background knowledge, the Edit and Insert Views for an entity are the same HTML underneathe, the only difference is where the Edit/Insert view gets it data from.

Going from Detail -> Edit, the SData response from the Detail view is passed directly. So you may see a very quick loading spinner or not at all.

Going from a List -> Insert, a new SData request is sent for the $template like so:

http://localhost/sdata/slx/dynamic/-/opportunities/%24template

So for inserts you will see a loading spinner for a bit longer until that request is resolved.

With that in mind, since you say later on you can see Insert views it likely means that there is something going on serverside and not a javascript error - maybe it's taking too long to generate the $template, or there is memcache issues, -- someone with a bit more server knowledge might be able to help pinpoint the issue.

Moving forward, I would open FF+Firebug or Chrome and use their "Network" tab to view the requests going by and look for the $template one. Check if it's just timing out, or if there is an error code etc, as that may help pinpoint the issue further.

Silver Contributor

I did find a defect that will be corrected in SLX Mobile 2.0. the Sage.SalesLogix.API.dll file was not being deployed to the sData\Bin folder......so when a Business Rule was to be run, the call to sData failed. Specifically this was for Adding a Contact or Account...... still, it wouldn't hurt to drag the file into sData\Bin if it's not there....

RJ Samp
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

The file was not in SDATA\BIN, so I copied it.

I did an IISRESET, Cleared the Chrome cache and now, it seems to be working.

Thanks.

Bronze Super Contributor

There's another issue with the "official" Sage 1.2 bundle which can also cause problems with adding an opportunity. In index.html there's a missing reference to the language localization. See this thread for more details.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Silver Contributor

Wondering out loud if Web HF 04 fixes any of this......HF 04 addressed the ERP Extension table issue, among others.......maybe it played with dll's being deployed to sData\bin ?

RJ Samp