Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

SLX 81 "Export to File" empty

Hi,

We have 3 systems with Server 2008 R2 and IIS 7.5 with SLX 8.1 SNC2, Core2 and Model 2:

When we use "Export to File" (csv or tab delimited) the file is empty.

Has someone the same behaviour? I suspect IIS because on Server 2012 it's working.

Regards,

Marco

---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: SLX 81 "Export to File" empty

[ Edited ]

I have just tested this here on what appears to be the same enviroment and it works fine (details attached)

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Employee

The following issue was reported in 8.1 and will be fixed in SLX - 8.1 Web Model 03:

14096053: Web:  When load balancing is in play, when Exporting to File one receives a file with no data

Note: I don't believe the issue is specific to load balancing as stated in the defect description.

The change is pretty simple: Both the ToTab() and ToCSV() methods in CommonTasksTasklet.ascx.cs were modified by replacing Context.ApplicationInstance.CompleteRequest(); with Response.End(); and Response.Close(); was removed.

Thanks

Mike

Bronze Super Contributor

Thank you Mike, this worked and fixed the Issue. Adam thank you too for testing.

PS: If you use the fix, also delete the .NET Framework IIS cache if the IISRESET itself is not enough.

Best regards,

Marco

---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland
Highlighted
Employee

Macro,

I'm glad it's working for your now! Regarding the requirement to restart IIS, that is the result of dynamic form support being enabled for your site. If you do not use dynamic forms this feature can be disabled by following the steps here: http://community.saleslogix.com/t5/Developer-Web-Discussions/Custom-web-form-in-Saleslogix-v8/m-p/15...

Thanks

Mike