Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

SLX 8 - Insert Contact/Account doesn't load

I'm upgrading a client from 7.5.3 to version 8, and having some trouble with the Insert Contact/Account page.  It partially loads - you can see it "behind" the grey-out with the spinning load icon, and when launched from an Account you can see that the account info is being pre-populated as it should.  But the loading never finishes... no timeout, just forever loading.

I don't see any errors in the Event Viewer on the web server, and no matter how long I wait it doesn't seem to ever finish whatever task it is working on.

What are the possible causes of this I could investigate?  An SData problem perhaps?  SpeedSearch?  I haven't been able to find anything malfunctioning or set wrong so far, and most everything else seems to work fine (there are some other bugs I am working through, but they are unrelated as far as I can tell - nothing to do with account or contact).

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: SLX 8 - Insert Contact/Account doesn't load

I would doubt it is SDATA or SpeedSearch related.

SDATA wouldn't affect this form.

Speedsearch may affect Saving or searching for duplicate.

I would suggest you use the Development Tools of the browser and watch to see if you receive any javascript errors. Maybe some scripts are not loading, maybe some code is erroring out.

Raul A. Chavez
http://raul.chavez.com
http://www.crmbi.com

I used Visual Studio to do some debugging, and here's what I came up with:

In Sage-Combined.js, we are getting an error when trying to access this.storeData.items because this.storeData is null

I noticed that the dev environment has none of the 8.0 updates, so I'm trying that next.

Update:

I noticed that a couple picklists on the insert contact/account form had mis-matched ids and names, and corrected them in the hopes that this was the problem.  It did not fix the issue.

I have seen some warning in the Event Logs, though not every time.  But they look like this:

2013-04-02 10:05:13,109 [29] WARN  Sage.Platform.Messaging.Transport.Wcf.MessageBusCallback - Existing client faulted; initiating reconnect logic

{

"date": "2013-04-02T10:05:13",

"utc": "2013-04-02T14:05:13",

"stackTrace": "   at Sage.Platform.Messaging.Transport.Wcf.MessageBusCallback.HandleFaulted(Object sender, EventArgs e)\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.OnFaulted()\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Fault()\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnInnerChannelFaulted(Object sender, EventArgs e)\r\n   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.OnFaulted()\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.OnFaulted()\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Fault()\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.EndReceive(IAsyncResult result)\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceive(IAsyncResult result)\r\n   at System.Runtime.Fx.AsyncThunk.UnhandledExceptionFrame(IAsyncResult result)\r\n   at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously)\r\n   at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously, Exception exception)\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SynchronizedMessageSource.ReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceiveComplete(Object state)\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SessionConnectionReader.OnAsyncReadComplete(Object state)\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamConnection.OnRead(IAsyncResult result)\r\n   at System.Runtime.Fx.AsyncThunk.UnhandledExceptionFrame(IAsyncResult result)\r\n   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)\r\n   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)\r\n   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadCallback(IAsyncResult transportResult)\r\n   at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously)\r\n   at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously, Exception exception)\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionStream.IOAsyncResult.OnAsyncIOComplete(Object state)\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.FinishRead()\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.OnReceiveAsync(Object sender, SocketAsyncEventArgs eventArgs)\r\n   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.OnReceiveAsyncCompleted(Object sender, SocketAsyncEventArgs e)\r\n   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.OnCompleted(SocketAsyncEventArgs e)\r\n   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.FinishOperationAsyncFailure(SocketError socketError, Int32 bytesTransferred, SocketFlags flags)\r\n   at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)\r\n   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)\r\n",

"hashCode": "51FD8D93-C35C4D54-DA277528",

"pid": 1844,

"identity": {

"name": "",

"isAuthenticated": false,

"authenticationType": ""

},

"version": "8.0.0.8491",

"logger": {

"level": "WARN",

"location": "Sage.Platform.Messaging.Transport.Wcf.MessageBusCallback.HandleFaulted(:0)",

"name": "Sage.Platform.Messaging.Transport.Wcf.MessageBusCallback",

"message": "Existing client faulted; initiating reconnect logic"

},

"request": null,

"server": {

"host": {

"siteName": "Slx8Dev",

"applicationId": "/LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT/SlxClient",

"applicationPhysicalPath": "c:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\Slx8Dev\\SlxClient\\",

"applicationVirtualPath": "/SlxClient"

}

}

}

I don't know if that is related or not.

Next step is going to be reverting that control back to OOB and see if it works then...

Copper Contributor

Hello Paul, I am seeing the warning you posted frequently in a clients system. I am wondering if you ever traced the cause of the error.. Also wondering if anyone else in the community might have seen this warning and knows what is causing it.  Thanks

Steve

Actually it's Patrick, not Paul.  You might have mixed it with Raul, he responded...

I did figure out what was causing it, though I can't remember what it was.  Something to do with Picklists I think.

Tuned Listener

Hi,

I had an issue after upgrading where the account type and sub type picklists were causing issues. If you have a default and it doesn't have a subtype picklist if causes errors. Similarily if you have existing data that does not match up you get errors. That may help.

(I'm getting the error too when trying to edit a group in IE10 which I hjaven't worked out yet.)

Nik