Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

SLX 8.0 SDATA / Automatic Rebuild XMLSchema

Hi,

after every change in our DB (new Field), we have problems with SDATA. After the rebuild of the XMLSchema everthing is fine again.

Is there a possibility to automate the rebuild?

When using http://server:3333/SlxClient/SLXGroupManager.aspx?action=RebuildXMLSchema i have to do a login. I have no idea how to do an autologin....

Thanks

Regards
Rainer Raebiger
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: SLX 8.0 SDATA / Automatic Rebuild XMLSchema

Hi,

Afraid I don't the answer to the autologin, however the underlying issue is the problem and needs to be fixed, it is a real PITA every time there is any update to the schema, you get errors in the web client and have to run the Rebuild XMLSchema.

I appreciate this does not help you to automate the rebuild but a fix to the problem is what is really required here.

Regards

Craig

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

You could deploy a second portal to IIS and enable windows authentication on that portal. Then you should be able to access the above URL without needing to log in.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Bronze Super Contributor

Simple but effective. :-)
Regards
Rainer Raebiger
Bronze Super Contributor

This is actually the recommended way to deploy the web client when using Windows Authentication - deploy a separate portal with standard (SLX) authentication so admin can log in... go figure Smiley LOL

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC