Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

Re: SLX 7.5.4 Problems generating Outlook E-Mail

I'm not sure why it's working on one and not the other, however I will assume it's an IE8-IE9 issue - are you able to tested on IE8 on your system at all?

If not, you can force IE9 to emulate IE8 (Better than compatability mode. PS: IE8 should NOT be in compatability mode, this WILL cause issues & slow down the web client!) by using the following server modification (Copied and pasted from an email, so formating might not be the best!)

With the below added, does IE9 (not in compatability mode) still work?

Windows 2003

1. Open IIS Manager
  2. Right Click “SlxClient”
  3. Click “Properties”
  4. Click the “HTTP Headers” tab
  5. Under “Custom HTTP headers” select “Add”
    1. Header Name

i.      X-UA-Compatible

1. Header Value

i.      IE=EmulateIE8

1. Click “OK” twice.

Windows 2008

1. Open IIS Manager
  2. Navigate to “Sites”
  3. Navigate to “SlxClient”
  4. Click “HTTP Response Headers”
  5. In the actions panel, click “Add”
    1. Header Name

i.      X-UA-Compatible

1. Header Value

i.      IE=EmulateIE8

1. Click “OK”
Richard Anderson
CRM Consultant
K3 CRM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

thx, I'll try and give a feedback

Edit:

Server 2008 R2 => Header to IE8 => Still working.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Now I think I got it:

If I disable the "Sage SalesLogix Desktop Integration Module Factory" IE AddOn in our Test Environment, I'm having nearly the same issues as our customer.

But this AddOn seems to work. I mean, I see the AddOn listet an it is "active". So could it be, that it is broken?

Would it be possible to "upgrade" The Desktop Integration Manager setup of the version that we are running in our Test Environment to fix all of the existing Registry Settings or do I have to clean it up by hand and reinstall the newest Version provided by the client?

I thought I ask here, before I do work at their system that doesn't have any kind of possibility to be successfull.