Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

SLX 7.5.4 Group Selections In Common Tasks

Hi all,

I am struggling with adding a set of common tasks onto a custom main entity in SLX web 7.5.4. I have followed the guidance in Kris Halsrud's blog here:

http://customerfx.com/pages/integrationblog/2010/12/16/saleslogix-web-client-determining-the-selecte...

I have also added some additional tasks and entries to the same common functions via the details page section. When I run the tasks via the detail page using IEntityHistoryService to get the current entity everything works perfectly, however when I try to invoke the GetSelectionContext method via the list tasks everything blows up with an Object Not Set To An Instance error.

This is the javascript I have in the ascx file:

function FXGetSelections(){

var selectionInfo = GetSelectionInfo();

document.getElementById(clientID + '_hfSelections').value = selectionInfo.key;

var svc = Sage.Services.getService('SelectionContextService');

svc.setSelectionContext(selectionInfo.key, selectionInfo, false);

And this is the corresponding sever-side method that is called by the items_ItemCommand event:

GroupContextService groupContextService = ApplicationContext.Current.Services.Get<IGroupContextService>() as GroupContextService;

CachedGroup currentGroup = groupContextService.GetGroupContext().CurrentGroupInfo.CurrentGroup;

GroupInfo gInfo = currentGroup.GroupInformation;

ISelectionService srv = SelectionServiceRequest.GetSelectionService();

ISelectionContext selectionContext = srv.GetSelectionContext(hfSelections.Value.ToString());

IList<string> selections = selectionContext.GetSelectedIds();

The code always stops when defining the selectionContext object. Any suggestions greatly appreciated as I have been tearing my hair out with this for 3 days now... what am I missing?

Copper Contributor

Re: SLX 7.5.4 Group Selections In Common Tasks

I had the same problem, and I think it has to do with clientid being null in your clientside script and conseuqnetly passing a null object to the server-side code,

try this:

function FXGetSelections(){
    var clientId = "<%= ClientID %>" + "_hfSelections"
    var selectionInfo = GetSelectionInfo();
    document.getElementById(clientId).value = selectionInfo.key;
    var svc = Sage.Services.getService('SelectionContextService');
    svc.setSelectionContext(selectionInfo.key, selectionInfo, FXGetSelections);
}

Re: SLX 7.5.4 Group Selections In Common Tasks

Yep, that worked a treat. Does anyone know where the API developer documentation is located now? The Architect helpfile points to a page on the Sage site that isn't live any longer.

Many thanks

Owen