Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

SLX 7.5.3: Error clicking on "Detail report"

Hi @all,

I hope someone could help me making this feature working.

When I'm in the context of a contact or a company, I try to click on the Link "Detail Report" in the TaskPane the Report willl not be openen, there  is a ugly errormessage:

"The report could not be located for the current user."

Where can I manage the Reports for the User? Not in the Architect, the I have already tried to release the reports, but no reports are there to be released?

Is there a problem with my installation?

Thank you in advance

Tobias

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: SLX 7.5.3: Error clicking on "Detail report"

The reports are referenced by their name.

In a localized version of SalesLogix, the report names differ.

There is a javascript, I think it is called showreportutility.js (or something similar).

I think this is the place where the names are defined.

Change it to your name.

Alexander

Highlighted
Employee

Regarding the inabililty to see reports in Architect.exe, are you logging in as Admin?

Thanks

Mike

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

yes... I will be logged in as admin....

Highlighted
Employee

Ok, reports are managed in Architect.exe by selecting the menu item Manage > Reports (they can also be viewed and released in the plugin manager) . If you don't see any reports, and you're logging as the literal admin user (not just someone with admin roles), then you may be missing reports. You can locate reports by running the following query against your database:

SELECT     FAMILY, NAME, PLUGINID, USERID, BASEDON, RELEASED, DATACODE
FROM         sysdba.PLUGIN
WHERE     (TYPE = 19)
ORDER BY FAMILY, NAME 

The report you're interested in has FAMILY=Contact; NAME=Contact Detail. Out-of-the-box there will be two records (one with a USERID of ADMIN; the other with SYST00000001 [Everyone (Read-only)]).

Note: If you have changed the family name from Contact to a localized value, this can cause this issue. The PLUGIN.FAMILY value should not be localized.

Thanks

Mike