Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Employee

Re: SLX 7.5.2 web new lookup by fields

I agree w/RJ.  I've been adding custom fields to the base tables since the initial version of SLX. I think it was in SLX v3.x that the ability to add custom fields to stock tables was removed from DB Manager, however an easy SQL statement could re-enable the feature.The feature was officially re-enabled in either v6.2 or v7.0 - hard for me to recall as I always used the quick SQL statement to re-enable the feature.

Assuming you name your fields well (intuitive and specifc to purpose), then the probability of future class is relatively low. As RJ mentioned - if a future class does occur, then chances are the stock SLX product has added a feature similar to yours and you will potentially need to sort out more than just a conflicting field name.  

Same argument for table names - just name then cleanly, intuitively, and specific to purpose. The C_ thing is just a distraction in my opinion and experience.

I've had one, possibly two, table name conflicts in 13 years of implementing custom solutions, I don't even recall what the table name was.

Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group
Employee

Agreed
Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Agreed. 1to1 tables have their place but should not be the standard approach to adding attributes to core entities.
Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM