Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

SLX 7.5.1 Web RSS Feed

Hi!

I am actually trying to implement a RSS Feed from Google News in the Web Client.

Has someone an idea how I can display it in the Web Client in a accurate way?

Thanks,

Thomas

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: SLX 7.5.1 Web RSS Feed

Can you give me a little more info on what you are looking to do. Maybe the feed location and what you want to have happen. I have done work with RSS feeds via mashups or with straight code and placed it in different locations.

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold
Silver Contributor

Hi,

I am working with Thomas on this little project.

Here is what he wants to do:

He wants to do a google news search for the current account.

The results should be displayed on an extra tab and the user should be able to click on an article read it and come back to the list.

We tried using a dynamic web control but had problems with navigating back to the slx client site, so we wonder if it is more usefull to use rss feeds.

There are also plans to impelemnt other feeds which hold  information about an account.

So if you could describe what you are doing to display results of rss feeds in a usefull way for the user it would be great.

Thanks!

Bronze Super Contributor

This might help then...

Here is a link to my GoogleNewsBar control

http://community.sagesaleslogix.com/slsl/board/message?board.id=dev_slx&thread.id=24

This control will store and search on specific items. It gives you a list of google search results that lets you click on them and open up info to read. Take this control and make it a tab under that account. Edit the code so that it takes the account name, ticket symbol and anything else you want then puts this into a common delimited string that gets passed to google. Now what you can have is a nice control that gives you multiple views into the company. You will see a link just based on the companies name, then one on it's ticker symbol. I would also add a field to the account called industry then add that to the string so you get searches on the companies industry. Maybe even add a field called competitors so you can see what this particular companies competitions up to.

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold
Silver Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the link! I downloaded it and had a look at it, but I am not able to get a reference to my current account.

I tried things from other smart parts and put in some more code but I was not able to get my account reference.

I then tried to create a quickform with all the load action stuff and insert the google newsbar, but now I do not see any news, this might be because it is not refreshing or loading the java script at the correct time.

So if you have any tipps I will be very happy.

Thanks! Alexander

Bronze Super Contributor