Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

SData Client Exception: The remote name could not be resolved: 'servername'

I've got a problem with some sdata using code in a WCF webservice. This Webservice is called by a Web API Webservice (please don't ask why).

The WCF service is fetching some values through SData from an SalesLogix 7.5.4 (Sage.SData.Client 1.3.1.1459) and  later uploading some attachments to SalesLogix.

Every time when I'm calling this webservice I get the following error stack:

"SData Client Exception: The remote name could not be resolved: 'servername' at Sage.SData.Client.Core.SDataService.ReadFeed(SDataBaseRequest request, String& eTag)\r\n at Sage.SData.Client.Core.SDataService.ReadFeed(SDataBaseRequest request)\r\n at Sage.SData.Client.Core.SDataResourceCollectionRequest.Read()\r\n at SlxMstrService.Slx.GetVisitValue.ForVisitAccountId(String visitId)\r\n at SlxMstrService.Mstr.MsReport.GetSDataValues(SDataSettings settings)\r\n at SlxMstrService.Mstr.MsReport.GetReportsFromMstr(SDataSettings settings)\r\n at SlxMstrService.Service.GetDataUsingDataContract(CompositeType composite)"

When I would directly call the webservice, this error does not occur.

The dns name provided to connect the sdata feeds is correct and checked many times, firewall does not make problems.

The only thing I can find via google is to provide the name of the proxyserver in the web.config of my WCF service but we don't use any.

Does anyone know, what is wrong here?