Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Restricting Vendor Contact Lookup Based On Vendor (i.e., Second Account Lookup) Value on Ticket Entity (7.5.2)

Using SLX Web 7.5.2. On the Ticket Detail form, the Contact lookup is of course set up, out of the box, to be restricted to show only contacts for the Account that has been selected on the Ticket (lueContact.SeedValue = Account.Id).

I need to similarly restrict an additional Vendor Contact lookup on that same form, based on the value selected in a new Vendor (account) lookup on the form. From the existing LAN architecture, the ID fields for both of those lookups are stored in the TicketExt table (VendorID and VendorContactID).

If I just Insert new lookup controls for the Vendor and Vendor Contact lookups, the wizard generates lueVendorContact.SeedValue = TicketExt.VendorID.Id, which has the effect of excluding all contacts from the Vendor Contact lookup.

Is there a way to make this work? (I've already tried dynamically setting a prefilter in code, but of course that will not change when the Vendor changes, after the first opening of the Ticket Detail form in the user's session. Both new lookups are set to Looking Binding Mode = String, to bind their SLX ID values to the TicketExt fields.)