Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

References and global scripts

Hi, I've got 3 questions that I've been struggling to find answers for.

I've created a dll that I want to use in the Code Snippets (C#).   I know that I need to add the reference when editing the snippet, but what do I use as a hint path for it to successfully work?   I've added the dll to the bin folder in Application Architect.   If I use the full path will it still work on the web?

Secondly I've added a javascript function to the common library as per the web tutorial (using jsb) and successfully used it from a cs file I added manually.  But when I try to reference ScriptManager in a C# Code Snippet it doesn't recognize ScriptManager...  what is missing?

Lastly I want to create a library of common functions that I will be using in multiple places, this will include querying the database.   What is the best method of doing this?   I was planning on creating an external library and then including it as a reference in those snippets that need it.  Is this the best way of doing that?   Also is there a way I can create an object reference when the web is opened that is used throughout the application?

Thanks

Robert