Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Contributor

Query about Saleslogix Cloud

Hi

I've got a prospective customer interested in Saleslogix Cloud, but I don't have experience with it yet.  Do the customizations work the same way as the standard Webclient?  Are the changes done directly on the cloud system, or locally and then applied via bundles?  And how are upgrades managed vs protecting the changes?

Thanks

Robert

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Query about SalesLogix Cloud

A few answers:

A - SalesLogix "Cloud" is the SalesLogix Web Client connected to a (couple of) VM's that are hosted by Amazon EC2.

B - Basically you customize on a local copy or a "cloud image" on EC2. Web "bundles" can then be applied.

C - You/customer has "root level" administrator login via RDP to the DB and Web Servers. 

D - Upgrades are performed (by you/customer) and co-ordinated w/the SalesLogix team that operates/monitors all the server images. You would typically get a "cloned" image of the entire setup (SalesLogix does this) and do the work there. Then after all has been tested, you ask them to "flip" it to production. This way the original (production) is still intact and you could "roll-back" quickly.

NOTE: this is NOT a multi-tenant setup - it is a set of VM's and db that is just for you. This way, the db can be "tuned" to meet your needs/requirements as well as not being "forced" on upgrades. The "M&S" is included in the monthly fee. If it is a customer that already has SalesLogix on premise and has licenses, then the licenses are "converted" and per month (per user) fees are quite a bit less than the typical (monthly) fees. In any case the fees are far less than SF and include a LOT more!

If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to give me a shout.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Contributor

Thanks for the info!  That was very useful!  Smiley Happy

Gold Super Contributor

You are welcome - Have a great day!

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101