Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Accepted Solution

Query Builder Table Listings

Hi Folks,

We recently created a new Account extension table and in the Global Join manager, I have set the following properties:

Parent Table and Join Field: Account.Accountid

Child Table and Join Field: CAccount.Accountid

Join Type: Left

Visibility: Always

Cascade Type: Delete

But this table is not showing up in the Web (7.5.3) Query Builder even though other Account Extension tables are (some twice). Does anyone know if we might be missing a setting somewhere, or if this is a bug?

Thanks

Nickel Contributor

Re: Query Builder Table Listings

I believe that you may need to force your schema XML to rebuild. The easiest way to do this is to create a new merge template in the LAN client. If there are changes, this will cause the XML to rebuild. You'll know if it does if you get a message that says "Rebuilding XML Schema".
Employee

Query builder should be rebuilding the XMLSCHEMA plugin if it finds the PLUGIN.DATACODE has a value of "REBUILD_SCHEMA" (e.g. SELECT DATACODE FROM PLUGIN WHERE PLUGINID = 'XMLSCHEMA').

Admin.exe should be setting the PLUGIN.DATACODE to "REBUILD_SCHEMA" when changes that affect schema are made in Admin.exe; if it is not doing that, then it is a bug in Admin.exe.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks for the tip! I had to create a template twice and sure enough got the Re-building XML Schema message on the second go. The Query Builder showed a:

Input string was not in a correct format.Input string was not in a correct format.Input string was not in a correct format.XMLSchema Node not Found: C_account

So after an IISRESET, it's showing perfectly. Thanks!

Hi Mike,

Per the other suggestion, I created a dummy template and after it forced a Schema re-build and iisreset, things are working correctly.

Before doing all this, I also checked the table and indeed PLUGIN.DATACODE was set to "REBUILD_SCHEMA". So it seems that Admin.exe is setting the value correctly, but for some reason maybe the actual re-build is not being triggered?

Employee

Glad you got it working! I'll have someone take a look at the schema rebuild logic in 7.5.3.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks a bunch Mike.

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

It seems that this is still not working in 7.5.3   Has it been addressed in any of the hotfixes?  It seems this should be made a priority.. since many of our clients are no longer using the LAN client.

Regards,

Ron Buchanan
Brainselll - VA
(804) 545-3121
Silver Contributor

Is this a 1:1 relationship? Then ditch the parent child relationship stuff.....click on the Extension Checkbox for the new table......

have you blown away your files in your web directories, et al? Am always surprised by how much garbage is left behind in cache's, etc. that screw things (including AA) up....

RJ Samp