Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Employee

Re: Problem hiding tabs at runtime Web 7.5.4

Were you adding the assemblies to the bin directory by using AA (help topic=Add Existing Support Files)?

Copper Super Contributor

Yes. I've actually done this several times repeatedly over several different methods, none of which have worked. Although I can see the file in the Support Files tree view in the Portal Editor, it is not displayed as an available type in the list of Modules when I attempt to create one.

Employee

I'll ask around.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks. Version 7.5.4.7048, and it should be noted that I can't see the assembly if I attempt to add it globally or for the details page I'm working on (Opportunity). The code is copied/pasted except for me changing the entity type to IOpportunity.

Bronze Super Contributor

It should be showing up.  Be sure your namespace is correct.  Somethimes you can get the project namespace off from the file namespace and your dll name won't match the internal name space of the library.

Mike LaSpina
Professional Services Consultant

Sage
8800 N Gainey Center Dr Ste 200
Scottsdale AZ 85258
Tel: 480-383-5344
Cell: 480-321-6637
Fax: 480-556-4090
mike.laspina@sage.com

Your Business in Mind.
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks everyone, I got it working.

It turns out I was targeting the .NET 4.0 Framework by mistake. Once I changed it to 3.5, it showed up correctly.

Bronze Super Contributor

Or you could check the .Net target version Smiley Very Happy

Glad you got it working.

Mike LaSpina

Sage
Scottsdale AZ 85258
mike.laspina@sage.com

Your Business in Mind.
Bronze Super Contributor

Not sure why this would not work on a page load event of a smart part, even in 7.5.4.  The reason it works in a module is that modules are loaded up after the smart parts are added to any page:

LoadNav();
LoadMenu();
LoadSmartParts();
LoadModules();
LoadTasklets();

The same would be true of the page load event.  The smart part's page load event runs after the page's LoadSmartPart() event.  So the code I provided on my blog should still work.  It should hide the tab smart part that has been loaded by the page's LoadSmartParts method. 

Setting breakpoints in both the Page events and the smart part events proves this to be true, that the page events run before the smart part events.  The issue seems to be that the Hide method does not work once the tab is rendered in 7.5.4, where as it did work correctly in previous versions.  This is likely due to some changes that were made to the behavior of the update panel in 7.5.4. 

Bummer.

Kris Halsrud - Customer FX Corporation / Systems Engineer

customerfx.com
| slxdeveloper.com | goodtraining.com
Bronze Super Contributor

Yes - the update panel changed recently - I think it may have been 7.5.3 where the change was made.  Also keep in mind that using the module technique will only fire on entity change.  So, if you hide and show tabs based on data, changing the data on the form and saving will not fire the module code even though a postback happened.  This is a limitation you need to make sure your clients are aware of and OK with.

Mike LaSpina

Sage
Scottsdale AZ 85258
mike.laspina@sage.com

Your Business in Mind.
Bronze Super Contributor

Mike it sure would be nice if this functionality was "put back" so that tabs could dynamically change based on data rather than just a page loading.  In order to get this to work now you would essentially need to redirect the page back to itself which is a massive waste rather than just allow the hide function to properly work in conjunction with the update panel.

I am pretty sure this only stopped working in 7.5.4.  A couple of other things like loading style sheets on tab loads also stopped working when the change to the update panel occurred.

Kris Halsrud - Customer FX Corporation / Systems Engineer

customerfx.com
| slxdeveloper.com | goodtraining.com