Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor

Opportunity Closed Won Reason Picklist required entry

Mayby im missing something very obvious here, but why is required not working for this picklist ...

Its set as required entry, text must match item etc in the lan client ....and shows the same in the web administrator.

Its also set to required on the Quickform designer 

is there anything else other than shouting at it that i should be doing to make it prompt as required when its empty ?

This is SLX 8.0 web with Core update 05 and model update 04 plus all SNC hotfixes.

Thanks,

Jon

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Opportunity Closed Won Reason Picklist required entry

The "required" setting seems to be getting ignored in the dialog. 

This code will show an alert. Sorry I don't have code at hand to display the nice CSS "required fields" validation.

Sage.Entity.Interfaces.IOpportunity opportunity = BindingSource.Current as Sage.Entity.Interfaces.IOpportunity;
if(opportunity.Reason == null) {
 throw new Sage.Platform.Application.ValidationError("Reason Won is required.");
}

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Bronze Super Contributor

Is the cmdOK button registered as a save button?

ClientBindingMgr.RegisterSaveButton(cmdOK);

This should be automatically generated. If you customized the form this may have gotten lost.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Its the standard out of box form, no customisation at all. It seems like the probvlem is only with pick lists as 2 text boxes i added on both trigger the required warnings ok.