Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Officially @ the end of my rope: DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D), ProcessHost, and sdata

The "Import" really means nothing..  All that matters is the SalesLogix Admin user is mapped to a Windows domain based user account (ex: WebDLL). Fill in the rest of the user profile data manually.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Officially @ the end of my rope: DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D), ProcessHost, and sdata

I am looking at Step 1 under "Configuring Authentication for Windows 2003" in the SLX Implementation Guide.

It reads:

On the Web Server computer, log on as a domain administrator or as a user with rights to

modify the Active Directory.

This user should be the Application Pool user.

Does this mean that the WebDLL user has to be a domain administrator? It seems to be inferred by the requirements for the App Pool running as WebDLL, and I want to make sure I know what I'm asking for before I am laughed out of the room by our sys admins.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

The short-cut would be to make your WebDLL user a Local Admin and/or Domain Admin. Could be a rights issue.

Your SData portal is working properly?  If so, mimic everything from that portal to your ProcessHost portal.

When you are prompted for credentials, you are putting in a SLX user name and password?

A few other things

* Put SData / ProcessHost into its own Application Pool.  If on IIS7 or 7.5, ensure that is an "Integrated" App Pool (not Classic). Also, check the "Advanced" settings to ensure the "Physical Path Credentials" are set to the web dll user.

* Leave the "use windows authentication" checkbox checked for the Admin user tied to the WebDLL user (at least for now).

Copper Super Contributor

No, sdata and ProcessHost are both crashing too (same error).

WebDLL is already a Local Admin, but I have to pull teeth to get our sys admins to modify these rights. That's really the very last thing I have to try, but I'll check your other suggestions too.

Copper Contributor

Local Admin should be sufficient.  Try everything else before having to go to Domain Admin, but ensure the WebDLL can access the SLX Attachment path.

Copper Super Contributor

Interesting. The Attachment path is pointing to another server. But I'm not sure where to modify this value outside of the database (I'd like to point it to the local machine).
Copper Contributor

In the WG Administrator program under System - Offices Tab.  Eaist way is to open up a window to that directory & the copy & paste the path into the SLX Administrator. Using the "browse" method only allows you to choose a network path.

Copper Super Contributor

Didn't work. It's a network share, and I applied Sharing and Security to WebDLL on both Attachments and Library (just to make sure), but it still fails.

Thanks for the tips anyway, I really appreciate it.
Nickel Super Contributor

I ran into this once and found that it really was a silly mistake on my part. Though I had set Admin to use Windows Authentication and set it point to the WebDLL user, I had missed one very important step. In Administrator, under Tools - Options, on the Passwords tab, there is a box there as well to "Use Windows Authentication" - this was unchecked for me. Once I checked that, then all worked correctly. You may already have this checked, but it's worth a look.

Becki Blackburn
BITtelligent
Copper Super Contributor

Ms. Blackburn - if you decide to attend Sage Summit this year I owe you a beverage of your choice for this.

It works. Thank you VERY much.