Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Employee

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I created a new entity, form and page in SalesLogix via the AA using the following steps:

•  Entity called ClientProject - using the new entity wizard.
  •  Form called ProjectDetails using the new form wizard and added a save button to the toolbar.
  •  Page (using the wizard) called InsertProject - with ProjectDetails added to the main content section.
  •  New item to the SalesLogix 'new' toolbar - Insert New Project.

I did a build and deploy and was able to successfully access this new page and create 2 new records.

I then:

•  Created a Main view page (using the wizard) called ClientProject - with ProjectDetails added to the main content section.
  •  Added a new navbar menu, Project Management
  •  Added an item to the navbar, Projects (pointing at my new page).

After building and deploying, i get the following error when trying to access my main view AND my insert page (which was working fine before):

http://localhost:3333/slxclient/InsertProject.aspx?modeid=Insert Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SmartParts_TaskPane_CommonTasks_CommonTasksTasklet.DetermineAdHocStatus() at SmartParts_TaskPane_CommonTasks_CommonTasksTasklet.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

http://localhost:3333/slxclient/ClientProject.aspx Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SmartParts_TaskPane_CommonTasks_CommonTasksTasklet.DetermineAdHocStatus() at SmartParts_TaskPane_CommonTasks_CommonTasksTasklet.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Michael

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

If you have not defined any filters or task pane items, you have to set the taskpane to false in the page configuration of your insert and main view page.

Open the page and click on configure template.

Then set includeTaskPane to false.

This will help.

Remember, if you introduce filters, you have enable it again in order to see them.

Alexander

Highlighted
Employee

Thanks Alexander - Good news is that worked.

Bad news is, i had created some filters and common tasks so it looks like i made a mistake in there.

I'm pretty sure my filters are OK

Account Name (distinct)

Start Date (range)

End Date (range)

For the common tasks, i just copied the accountListTasks section of CommonTasksTasklet.ascx.cs , pasted it back in and renamed it:

string[,] clientprojectListTasks =

{{"tskAddToGroup", "TaskText_AddToGroup","javascript:showAdHocList(Ext.EventObject);", "false"},

{"tskSaveAsNewGroup","TaskText_SaveAsNew","javascript:saveSelectionsAsNewGroup();","false"},

{"tskRemoveFromGroup","TaskText_Remove","javascript:removeSelectionsFromGroup();","false"},

{"tskPromote", "TaskText_Promote", "javascript:promoteGroupToDashboard();", "false"},

{"tskExportToExcel", "TaskText_Export", "javascript:exportToExcel();", "false" }

};

tasksByEntityList.Add("IAccount", clientprojectListTasks);

Michael

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

I would try deleting the tasklet and just have the filters.

And see if it works!

If it is not working, you know that your error is in the tasklet.

May be it is not possible to just copy the stuff over. Have never customized the taskpane until now, so I am not an expert in this area.

Alexander