07-19-2012 09:12 AM - edited 07-19-2012 09:14 AM
As per requirement we had to Add one entry named "Protrade change" in Activity Type picklist having value 262165.
We had splitted History list Grid into two Grids, one contains Database changes and "Protrade change" and the other Grid lists the history records of the other activities.
Things was working fine with SLX 7.5.2, unfortunately in version SLX 7.5.3 its throwing and Error specifying
'262165' is not a valid value for HistoryType Enum' - during grid binding (Eval(Type)).
Can anybody has some suggestions to resolve this. I am looking for the solution since last 2-3 days desperately.
System Details are as under,
SalesLogix Version: 7.5.3
Database : SQL Server 2008
Thanks in advance
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-19-2012 09:39 AM
This is caused because now the History Entity defines the Type Field as "HistoryType (instead of an Integer).
The HistoryType is a Hardcoded Enumeration that is built into the DLLs as well.
What this means is that SalesLogix won't recognize your Custom History Type.
Now, I am not sure if this will work, but give it a Try:
Open Application Architect
- Choose Project Explorer
- Expand "Entity Model"
- Expand Packages
- Expand SalesLogix Activity Support
- Double Click on History to open it up on Detail mode
- On the Entity tab, scroll down the list of fields until you find d the "Ttype" field
- You will notice that the Data Type value is set to "Enum", and it is a Hyperlink.
- Click on the Link, you will get the EnumDataTypeItem Collection Editor
- Click on the Add button, and add an entry for your value
e.g. Display Name = Protrade Change, Name = atProtradeChange, Value = 262165
- Click OK
- Save your Entity and do a Rebuild.
I recall on earlier versions of SalesLogix having to manually set the "SalesLogix Activity Support" package to Generate Assembly and Interfaces, but they appear to be set to enabled.
So, assuming that this package gets rebuilt, this would solve your issue.
If this doesn't work out, then you may need to stop using a Custom Type and trade for a Custom Field.
Raul A. Chavez