Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Mail Merge: using SalesOrders as base table

Hi,

is it possible to use salesorders as a base table in Mail Merge functionality? To explain why I want to do this:

we're distributing licenses via SLX and they're of course expiring on a specific date. The licenses are stored as products in the salesorders. When the expiration date of the salesorder is near we want to send reminder mails including the products. Therefore I'd like to use the salesorder table as a base table.

Is this even possible? Or is there a better way achieving this requirement.

Employee

Re: Mail Merge: using SalesOrders as base table

It's not possible to create SalesOrders as a base table for mail merge. You retrieve SalesOrder information and put it into a Contact template and merge aginst an Account group. The SalesOrder information can be added either by a custom mail merge field or a SQL mail merge field.

Thanks

Mike

Silver Contributor

and\or you can do it through VBA.....

RJ Samp
Copper Super Contributor

@mcessna:

Okay, I think I'll have to play around with it a little bit, try this and that and if I have any further questions to it, I'll be asking here again. Thanks!

@RJSamp:

We're using the Web Client only (should have mentioned it before). Does this also apply to the Web Client?