Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Lookups returning the id instead string expression

Hi:

I´m developing in SLX 7.5.4. I have a lookup to a custom entity in contract form. In the custom entity I have set the string expression to ${Description} where Description is a property of that entity. But, when I running the application, that lookup returns the ID of the record selected instead of the description. If I save the form, the I have the description on the lookup.

Similar problem is happening with the out of the box entities. I changed the string expression in Address entity to return ${Address1}, ${City} instead the default one ${Description}. When I run the application the lookups to address are returning the description an not the new string expression. Only after save I can see the new string expression there.

Anybody else with this issue? Am I missing some configuration?

Thanks

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Lookups returning the id instead string expression

Set the OnChange action of the lookup to Refresh Data. Unfortunately the ID will display while the page refreshes, which may be confusing to users, but I couldn't come up with a better way.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC

Re: Lookups returning the id instead string expression

Thanks for your answer.

When you look at the entities in Application Architect you have both a String Expression on the SalesLogix Extended tab of the entity, and also in Properties you have the Display Property of the entity.  You must have the same property in both to avoid this issue.