Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

Looking for experience fixing Welcome screen dashboard widgets

I'm looking for help fixing Welcome screen dashboard widgets that won't move from the first to the second column. I can move widgets within the first column or from the second column to the first, but not from the first to the second.

Is there any way to repair a dashboard that runs into this problem?

This is on SalesLogix 7.5.3 web client. I'm logged in as admin, so it isn't a privileges problem in that sense. There are a lot of widgets on the dashboard, so I don't want to have to re-create it. I get the same problem with IE 9 and Firefox 27.

Thanks!

Copper Contributor

Re: Looking for experience fixing Welcome screen dashboard widgets

as 7.5.3 is not supported with IE 9 or FF 27 it woul be better to upgrade to 7.5.4 or 8.1

on wich hotfix are you running? last one was 11 for web and 19 or 20 for lan, i gues.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Looking for experience fixing Welcome screen dashboard widgets

We are moving to 8.1 at some time in the not-too-distant future, but for now I'm stuck with this on 7.5.3.

I was able to find workarounds to some of the issues. They seem to occur on dashboards with a lot of widgets (>24). When moving a widget from one column to another, it leaves a ghost image of the widget on the page without it settling in place. By moving the cursor off the window (without touching anything) I got the widget to settle.

Also, when adding a new widget, if I clicked the close button on the add content dialog, the dialog box closes. In some cases the widget would appear. In other cases, it didn't until I moved to a different dashboard and then returned. In either case I had problems bringing up the settings dialog. I clicked the gear icon and nothing happened. However, if I then clicked the refresh icon, the settings dialog would appear. I could then make the settings changes and save it.

With these workarounds, I was able to make all the changes I needed to the dashboards. It was just slow and clunky.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate someone getting back to me!