Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Lengthening the prompt time for incoming calls on SLX Mobile?

Spent some time in the ApplicationEventsHandler Java class as well as the class files referenced in the import section. I would like to lengthen Log Incoming Call prompt from the default 3 seconds to 8 or 10 seconds. The delay is way too brief unless a user has a headset on and can face the mobile device as the call ends, esp as newr models, the delay is less than far less than 3s. 

What I do not see is a clear place to make this adjustment to make the prompt stay on screen longer than a blink. The green comment line hints at something.

< ------snip-------> 

public void callLogAdded(CallLog cl)

{

if (isPhoneActive) return;

final CallLog cl0 = cl;

UiApplication.getUiApplication().invokeLater(new Runnable()

{

public void run()

{

isPhoneActive = true;

//Default for the timed display is 3000ms (3 seconds).

int isNotes = TimedDialog.ask(TimedDialog.D_YES_NO, "@MSG_LOG_CALL@", TimedDialog.YES, TimedDialog.TIMEOUT);

if (isNotes == TimedDialog.NO)

{

isPhoneActive = false;

return;

}

try {

< ------snip------->

I assumed the parameter TimedDialog.TIMEOUT might be what I need to alter, but attempts in this class have failed. I have tried setting a higher value to the variable as well as simply replacing the parameter with an integer such as 8000. I suspect that opening up other class files in the jar files in the Mobile Architect\library folder and decompiling them could introduce adverse behavior in other parts of the system.

Any advice?

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Lengthening the prompt time for incoming calls on SLX Mobile?

You were on the right track, replacing the last parameter with an integer value. Mobile L3 support has tested this with the following:

int isNotes = TimedDialog.ask(TimedDialog.D_YES_NO, "Would you like to log this call?", TimedDialog.YES, 10000);

The result was a 10 second prompt. What version are you trying this on?

Thanks,

Jeff 

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Thanks Jeff.

I recompiled and deployed that parameter at 8000 yesterday and couldn't detect a difference. I am currently working with Mobile 5.5 .

I will try a larger value and see if I can get some additional devices tested.

Highlighted

Any luck finding a solution on this one? 
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

It seemed to work by the time we had 5.6 installed.The actual problem was that the simulators from RIM did not render the delay at any value, which made the fix initially misleading on the dev server when I tested before deployingg. When I pushed out to actual devices, this solution worked well. I worked with 8000 ranging up to about 12000 for the delay.