Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

Lead convert view is not available please contact the system administrator: A field or property with the name 'EntityName' was not found on the selected data source.

Hi everybody,

When trying to convert a Lead using the "Convert Qualified Lead" button i'm randomly seeing the following error message:

Lead convert view is not available please contact the system administrator: A field or property with the name 'EntityName' was not found on the selected data source.

I haven't been able to find a pattern for this issue, the lead conversion generally works without issues, but, maybe 1 out of 10 tests fails with the above error. This is what I see in event log:

Event Type:       Error
Event Source:   SalesLogix Web Client
Event Category:               None
Event ID:             0
Date:                    6/1/2012
Time:                    12:23:25 PM
User:                    N/A
Description:

2012-06-01 12:23:25,209 [7] ERROR SlxClient.LeadPage - Unhandled exception occurred during async postback.
Sage.Platform.Application.ValidationException: Lead convert view is not available please contact the system administrator: A field or property with the name 'EntityName' was not found on the selected data source.
   at LeadSearchAndConvert.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) in d:\WebSites\SLX_6666\SlxClient\SmartParts\Lead\LeadSearchAndConvert.ascx.cs:line 611
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Has anyone seen anything like this before? I googled quite a bit without any success and this is the first time I come accross this error.

This is on an environment that was recently upgraded from SLX 7.5.2 to 7.5.4 (Oracle, IIS).

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Thanks.