Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Silver Contributor
Accepted Solution

LINK Column in Grid for Account.ParentID, et al QuickForm

Similar to customized ascx ASSOCIATIONS form......

Is there an easy way to have a jumper\link column in a quickform grid to another ID value for the same entity....

AccountID isn't the answer....it's ParentID or Member_AccountID or Third_AccountID....I can display the Account Name for the 2nd or 3rd relationship correctly in the grid (so the Affiliate relationship is correct). Maybe I should use a URL approach instead of the LINK properties?

RJ Samp
Nickel Contributor

Re: LINK Column in Grid for Account.ParentID, et al QuickForm

Link property works fine.  The link it goes to gets populated with the ID you choose.  So by picking Id, it links to the Id for that row, changing that to ParentId would make it go to the Id stored in Parent Id.  The names are the Property names for the entity and are case sensitive.

In the datagrid, to create a link to the parent account instead of the account, you would add a linked field, and set the properties EntityIdField to ParentId and the EntityTypeName to Account.

Silver Contributor

Got it.....I looked into that but didn't click on the Relationship Entity to show ITS fields......

Thanks!

RJ Samp
Silver Contributor

hmmm....didn't work

Account has Affiliations.

The LINK column is based on the Affiliation.MemberAccountId property.....

The LinkID grid property is pointing at the ACCOUNT Properties....and the Link Entity is Account.....

If I change the Link Entitiy to Affiliation or Affiliations (the relationship entity) how does SLX know to go to the Account Detail View....

OK I'm confused.

RJ Samp
Nickel Contributor

You can select Account from the EntityTypeName combobox.

However, you need to manually type MemberAccountId in the EntityIdField.

Silver Contributor

Got it....type it in manually.....awesome.

THANK YOU!

RJ Samp