Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Reply
Bronze Contributor
Posts: 125
Registered: ‎12-09-2010

Issue with Secured Actions

I've upgraded a customer's database from 7.5.3 to 8.0.  We're implementing the Web Client for the very first time and I'm busy testing it.  I've followed all the instructions, and everything seems to be working correctly, however I have the following issue:

 

Secured Actions work correctly, I can assign them to roles, and they seem to function as they should.  If I click on a Secured Action I can see the Role its assigned to.  However...

 

If I click on the Role, the Secured Actions grid is blank.  It shows the rows, ie I can page down and I can see the dividing lines, but there is absolutely no data displayed.  Not the name of the action, the Parent, Description, or modify/create users.  I can add actions (the lookup works), but since the resulting grid is blank I wouldn't know which ones to delete unless I go to the action and remove the role there.

 

Its not a permissions thing, because I figure that I wouldn't be able to see the actions then from the Secured Actions view...  or the Add Action lookup on the role.

 

Other than this, everything else is fine.  I was able to turn permissions on and off and it corresponds correctly.  so it seems the only thing faulty is this particular tab.  Any ideas?

Bronze Contributor
Posts: 125
Registered: ‎12-09-2010

Re: Issue with Secured Actions

I also checked the profiler, the query seems to be sending all the necessary data back...
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: Issue with Secured Actions

Sounds like a Javascript error.

 

Make sure you are on a fully supported Browser with the correct setting. You may also want to clear your browser cache.

Bronze Contributor
Posts: 125
Registered: ‎12-09-2010

Re: Issue with Secured Actions

It does the same thing on the local server running Firefox, and on a different server with IE9.

Its, until now, the only item I found that does that. Everything else seems to work correctly. Concerned it might be some kind of data issue - this database has been around since version 5, possibly 4. But as I said, the query from the profiler seems to return the correct data...
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 59
Registered: ‎07-30-2010

Re: Issue with Secured Actions

[ Edited ]

EDIT: Replied to wrong thread! Sorry!

Richard Anderson
CRM Consultant
K3 CRM