Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to add account manager new column to the opportunity grid in whats new page?

Hi all,

I want to add the account manager field(column) to the opportunity grid of whats new page. I am able to add additional fields but except accountmanagerid, regionalmanagerid, divisional managerid. I have tried adding column in the following way

<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="<%$ resources: accmgrname_lz %>" SortExpression="Account.AccountManagerid">
            <itemtemplate>
                <SalesLogixSmiley FrustratedlxUserControl runat="server" ID="u1" DisplayMode="AsText" LookupResultValue='<%# Eval("Account.AccountManagerid") %>' />
            </itemtemplate>
</asp:TemplateField>

I am getting the below error for that

DataBinding: 'AccountProxy244f641dc93e450fad2fdf9c557ff81d' does not contain a property with the name 'AccountManagerid'.

Actions:

http://localhost:3333/SlxClient/WhatsNew.aspx DataBinding: 'AccountProxy244f641dc93e450fad2fdf9c557ff81d' does not contain a property with the name 'AccountManagerid'. at System.Web.UI.DataBinder.GetPropertyValue(Object container, String propName) at System.Web.UI.DataBinder.Eval(Object container, String[] expressionParts) at System.Web.UI.DataBinder.Eval(Object container, String expression) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.Eval(String expression) at ASP.smartparts_whatsnew_opportunitieswhatsnew_ascx.__DataBinding__control24(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeControl.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.CreateRow(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 dataSourceIndex, DataControlRowType rowType, DataControlRowState rowState, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem, DataControlField[] fields, TableRowCollection rows, PagedDataSource pagedDataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding) at Sage.SalesLogix.Web.Controls.SlxGridView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() at SmartParts_OppWhatsNew_OppWhatsNew.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Please kindly suggest any ideas/clues on this

But if try the same for any other field i am not getting any error (like the below e.g)

<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="<%$ resources: accmgrname_lz %>" SortExpression="CreateUser">
            <itemtemplate>
                <SalesLogixSmiley FrustratedlxUserControl runat="server" ID="u1" DisplayMode="AsText" LookupResultValue='<%# Eval("CreateUser") %>' />
            </itemtemplate>

Regards

Jack

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: How to add account manager new column to the opportunity grid in whats new page?

I have got solution to this problem.

If we need to add the account manager column to the opportunity grid in whats new page we need to paste the following few lines of code in the columns tag of the whats page

<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="<%$ resources: accmgrname_lz %>" SortExpression="Account.AccountManager">
            <itemtemplate>
                <SalesLogixSmiley FrustratedlxUserControl runat="server" ID="u1" DisplayMode="AsText" LookupResultValue='<%# Eval("Account.AccountManager") %>' />
            </itemtemplate>

Note: In .resx file we need to write one more tag for account manager header text to use that in .aspx file (which is specifed in red color)

Regards

Jack

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: How to add account manager new column to the opportunity grid in whats new page?

Thanks Jack, this just came in handy for me. those resx files are starting to bite...handy, but now a third 'file' component on top of the Using and Registered Assemblies non file includes.

ascx
ascx.cs
resx
RJ Samp
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Thanks RJ