Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

How can I automate a script/function?

Hi all,

I am using SalesLogix 7.5.1

I've been working to integrate some info from our developement teams MS TFS server (defect information). Currently there is a roadblock preventing me to getting data from the database in a convenient manner (DB View, Linked Server, Web Services or even letting them insert/update my database).The support team does have access to a web page that I display in SalesLogix.

At this time I also am pulling data from the HTML and parsing out the values that are important to support. My code looks something like this.

Dim HTMLSource
Dim StartPos
Dim EndPos

Dim strStatus

HTMLSource   = browser1.HTML

' Find the unique identifier for the control
StartPos        = InStr(HTMLSource, "ctl00$c$we$ctl20$wc")

' Find the first instance of Value after the control
StartPos        = InStr(StartPos, HTMLSource, "value")

'Find the position of the closing quotes
EndPos         = InStr(StartPos + 7, HTMLSource, """")

'populate the value to the view and database

strStatus       = (mid(HTMLSource, StartPos + 7, EndPos-StartPos-7))

The fault of this is that the data is static and requires someone to 'scroll' through and refresh all the records if they are going to report or analyze the data.

Can anyone suggest a more automated method?

Thanks,

Dennis

Re: How can I automate a script/function?

Do are you trying to screen scrape from the TFS Web Client?  We use internally TFS and access the API's directly.

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Tuned Listener

Re: How can I automate a script/function?

Hi John,

Yes, this is exactly what I am doing. Currently I have a button that will update the TFS info (hidden browser and just a progress bar) for all TFS ID's associated with a SalesLogix ticket. I'm experiencing a lot of resistance to any resources to help me with the 'integration'. Party due to the fact that TFS is a new implementation and we don't have any in-house experts yet.

I'll contact our SaleLogix partner to see if they have experience with the TFI API. The current solution is slow (pause a couple seconds to let the html load) and manual, but is getting the job done. 

Dennis