Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

Help on Issue when naviagting within SLX web client-Urgent

I am facing an hard time in resolving an error while navigating within SLX web client in Sage SalesLogix version 7.5.4.7048 which I recently installed on client’s server. Below are the steps that I followed. 1. Install the SLX on the server. 2. Deployed the Default VFS on the server and navigate within the main menu as well as on any screen. 3. In few seconds we are getting an alert pop up box saying “The call to DecodeMailMergeJsonFromUrl() failed.” I am attaching the screen shot of the error for more details. 4. On further investigation I found that it is appearing from the sage-mailmerge-loader.js file which is at the below location. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SlxClient\jscript\sage-mailmerge\sage-mailmerge-loader.js I am unable to figure out the root cause of this error, whether am I missing something here?. Can anyone please help me to trace the cause of this? Any help in this regards will be appreciable. Regards, Dinesh
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Help on Issue when naviagting within SLX web client-Urgent

That JS is running to determine whether to display the "Write" option in the top menu bar, so it can work with the installed Sage Desktop Integration plugin. Maybe you have an old version of the plugin installed? 

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Employee

Re: Help on Issue when naviagting within SLX web client-Urgent

i'd also make sure you run the web host install; this installs SLXMM.DLL on the server which is required for the mail merge calls related to the Write menu.

Thanks

Mike