Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

HQL Data Source Question

Excuse my freshness as far as HQL is concerned - I'm probably going about this the wrong way. Here's my 7.5.3 scenario:

I have a new entity x which has zero or more activities (so Activities is a child property of x).

I have created an Entity Page for x and I want to display associated Activities in a tab view.

All OK so far. My problem is that I want to display the username of the user to whom the Activities are assigned. I guess I could add Userinfo as a child property of Activity (mapped on UserId), but was hoping to do it via an HQL data source.

In my From clause I have the following:

Activity a, UserInfo u

and in my Where clause:

(a.AccountContactReportID = :crID) and (a.UserId = u.UserId)

where crID is the entityID of the 'current' entity, as specified under Parameters.

This builds and deploys OK, but when I access the page in a browser, I get a long error. The meat of it is as follows:

http://localhost:3333/SlxClient/ContactReport.aspx?entityid=QEVALA0000NR&gid=pEVALA0000C7 could not resolve property: UserId of: Sage.SalesLogix.Security.UserInfo [select a.Notes, a.StartDate, u.UserName from Sage.SalesLogix.Activity.Activity a, Sage.SalesLogix.Security.UserInfo u where (a.AccountContactReportID = :crID) and (a.UserId = u.UserId) order by a.StartDate ]

Obviously an issue with Userinfo.UserId, but what? Is it that there are two fields called UserId and HQL cannot differentiate? Or perhaps doing a join in this (let's face it, old fashioned) way is not supported in HQL?

Any input appreciated as always.

Highlighted
Employee

Re: HQL Data Source Question

The Sage.SalesLogix.Security.UserInfo interface provides access to the UserInfo.UserId value via the User.Id property (i.e. User[dot]Id).

Thanks

Mike

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Hi Mike

If you check the error message included with my first post, you'll see that that is exactly what I tried. At least I think that's what you mean Smiley Happy

I had to get past this, so I ended up creating suitable properties between the entities and that worked fine, so no worries.

Thanks for responding.

Phil

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Sorry, I just reread your post and that's not what I tried! I'll have another go with an HQL datasource at some point.

Highlighted
Employee

Ok, also, the Id property of the UserInfo object will return the UserId as well (i.e. u.Id).

Thanks

Mike