Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor

Getting an error when I try and build My project for web host(very new to saleslogix)

==================================

An application exception has occurred.

===================================

Unable to compile T4 template (Sage.Platform)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Sage.Platform.TemplateSupport.T4.T4TemplateEngine.ExtendedTemplateGenerator.ApplyTemplateWithContext(IDictionary ctx)
   at Sage.Platform.TemplateSupport.T4.T4TemplateEngine.ExtendedTemplateGenerator.ApplyTemplateWithContext(TextWriter output, IDictionary ctx)
   at Sage.Platform.TemplateSupport.T4.T4TemplateEngine.ExtendedTemplateGenerator.Sage.Platform.TemplateSupport.ITemplate.ApplyTemplate(TextWriter output, IDictionary context)
   at Sage.Platform.Orm.CodeGen.BaseTemplateGenerator.Generate(OrmEntity entity, TextWriter writer)
   at Sage.Platform.Orm.CodeGen.TypeLibraryPackage.GenerateInternal(OperationStatus op, BuildType buildType)
   at Sage.Platform.Extensibility.DeploymentPackageBase.Generate(OperationStatus op, BuildType buildType)
   at Sage.Platform.Extensibility.Services.RegisteredPlatform.Generate(IProject project, OperationStatus op, BuildType buildType)
   at Sage.Platform.AdminModule.AdminModuleInit.Deploy(RegisteredPlatform platform, OperationStatus op, BuildType buildType)
   at Sage.Platform.AdminModule.AdminModuleInit.BuildWebObjectsImpl(OperationStatus op)
   at Sage.Platform.AdminModule.AdminModuleInit.DoBuildWebObjects(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Getting an error when I try and build My project for web host(very new to saleslogix)

Upgraded to 8.1 and decided it was time to deploy the web portals but I am stuck with the error "Unable to compile T4 template" don't know how to preceed so any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Getting an error when I try and build My project for web host(very new to saleslogix)

This looks to be a issue with the merge of the model.  Another thing to evaluate is the Build path.  The implementation guide has information on what that should be set too.

IF that doesn't work you may want to call into support so we can evaluate your environment closer

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Copper Super Contributor

I have cleaned the build over and over again and nothing. I guess the ultimate question in my situation is how so I clear out my VFS and rebuild it with the newer version 8.1. I think previously they had tried to configure web host but something didn't go right and so we waited to upgrade and then try again. The files in the VFS are of version 7.5 and I would like to upgrade that to 8.1 but I have no clue where to start.

Copper Super Contributor

I know I can rebuild the VFS but when I go to add Portal I do not know how to find the support files, source files e.t.c for the current version and I don't want to use a backup of the old version because that defeats the purpose of the upgraded version; so I think... Any help on this?
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went ahead and created a virtual machine, installed sales logix on it and that created a new VFS in the database. I backed that up and restored it into my test environment...but when I restored it and tried to build again I get this error....

INFO -
ERROR - C:\Users\michaeln\AppData\Roaming\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IOwnerSecurityProfile.cs(102,32):The type or namespace name 'SecurityProfileData' does not exist in the namespace 'Sage.Platform.Security' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
ERROR - C:\Users\michaeln\AppData\Roaming\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IOwnerSecurityProfile.cs(104,68):The type or namespace name 'SecurityProfileColumnData' does not exist in the namespace 'Sage.Platform.Security' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
INFO - The command exited with code 1.
INFO - Done building project "Sage.Entity.Interfaces.csproj" -- FAILED.
INFO - Build FAILED.
ERROR - Failed to build Sage.Entity.Interfaces.dll.

Any one have an idea on what I could be missing here?

Gold Super Contributor

When you installed it on the (new) VM - did you do a complete build of it before doing a project backup and restore to the target system?

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Super Contributor

@RJLedger

No I did not do a complete build.

But I cleared out my deployments in the deployment explorer, cleaned the build folders, made sure the reference assemblies folder in the Saleslogix folder was empty, closed out of AA and re-opened it; then I restored the project and Ctrl-build. Since getting the error I have installed three 8.1 web_core updates and two 8.1 web_model updates but I still get the error.

Bronze Super Contributor

You could try changing the build path to use the out-of-box libraries for the initial build. See this post.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Greensweater,
Thank you for your reply. By the time I received it I had moved into the direction of starting from scratch and this time around I was able to successfully build and deploy. I walked through the rest of the instructions in the implementation guide for installing web components and the sections before it. When I started testing I ran into another error... I have created a new thread for it  here! can you help?