Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Elite Contributor

Getting 404 error with SData

I'm woring on upgrading my Sales Logix to SP 4.

I'm currently working on the web side of things.

The web client works correctly

but SData is generating a 404 error when I attempt to access http://localhost:3334/sdata/$system/adapters

Any ideas?

I have copied all of the IIS setting from my working 7.5.2 web all to no avail. I'm kind of stumped.

OS = Windows 7 64 bit

IIS = Version 7

Did the list of adapter URL change?

Ant assistance on this is appreciated.

Terry Downing

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Getting 404 error with SData

I figured it out.

for some reason the handler mapping were all local rather than inherited.

authentication was not set correctly.

Is there a clear and concise document somewhere on what settings should be for web sites generated by apparchitect using IIS7?

Nickel Contributor

Hello Terry,

The SalesLogix Implementation guide provides these steps.

Thanks,
Richard Anderson
CRM Consultant
K3 CRM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Has the implementation guide been updated for Windows 7 / IIS 7.5?

There is a world of difference on how to navigate and find things between IIS 6 and IIS 7.5.

I thought IIS 6 was easier BTW

Gold Super Contributor

It's in the AA Help File - both 2003 and 2008 servers.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Elite Contributor

Yeah I read the deployment sections and IIS settings in the AA help file. Good enough for when everything is setup correctly.

The problem was. the application and handler mappings in the web under IIS were incorrect.  AA was fine and deploying correctly. Just SData getting an ugly 404 when I knew it was all there and I thought I had the handler mappings correct.  There alot of moving parts to maintain in a web application and if you're not familiar with IIS it can be daunting.

clear (step by step) documentation would be helpful.  I'm not an IIS admin and I don't want to be. I would just like a nice detailed it should look like this in IIS 7 with screen shots and all. I shouldn't have to spend 2 days trouble shooting IIS when SData doesn't work as expected. WebClient functioning fine just SData was a mess.  I have no idea how the site got messed up.  

It's all working now.  Just venting on the admin overhead if you're not an admin kind of thing.

Terry

Bronze Super Contributor

This happens if there is no wildcard handler for sdata... copy the dll path from the generic PageHandler for ISAPI and create a wildcard handler with the same dll. Sometimes this setting gets lost in the shuffle.
Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Gold Super Contributor

Yep...

Doing it w/IIS6 is extremely simple - it's just that IIS7 is very "messy" thanks to Microsquish's views on how to do these things... I blame them for this mess.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Elite Contributor

I had the wild card set correectly in the handlers.

All other handlers were somehow marked as local rather than inherited and for some reason (perhaps operator error?) the authentication was a shambles.

Trying to interpret IIS6 settings to IIS 7 is sketchy at best.  Especially if IIS is not part of your daily toolset.  What is easy for an admin can be a nightmare for a porr feeble minded developer with absolutley no desire to take up server babysitting as a sideline gig.Smiley Mad

Nickel Contributor

Having the same issue.  Went thru the documentation and everything is setup correct with the exception of the Application Pool Indentity.  Mine will not access the Application User pass-through.  It returns a "There was an error while performing this operation.  Details: Invalid Application Path."  I was using the WebDLL account for this and it worked fine in 7.5.3.  Using it now still works but unable to connect with Desktop Manager.